Updated 7/20/20: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this train is operating under a modified schedule. Please see schedule on the right-hand side of the page. Masks or face shields are required in the depot, museum, and common areas aboard the train.
- Experience what it was like to ride the line in the golden age of railroading aboard our authentically restored motorcars.
- Two excursions are available, each crossing the 156′ tall Bass Point Creek High Bridge and the 800′ long Des Moines River Bridge.
- Excursions depart our depot Saturdays at 9 AM (Memorial Day Weekend through October 31)
Trackman Excursion: $25
A one hour ride from Boone to the river bottom and return.
Section Foreman Excursion: $40
A two hour ride through the river valley to the end of our line
at Wolf and return.
- Prepaid reservations are required. Call 1-515-432-4249.
- Must be at least 10 years old to ride.
- Persons under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.