The Fraser Train is our classic excursion train. Travel from Boone to the old coal mining town of Fraser. Cross the 156′ Bass Point Creek High Bridge, as well as the Des Moines River bridge on your journey through the river valley. You may select one of four levels of service: Classic Coach, Climate Controlled Coach, Valley View Open Air, or Caboose.
- This 11 mile round trip journey lasts approximately one hour and 45 minutes
- Seating is assigned, and you must stay in the section that you have tickets for. For example, passengers in climate controlled coach are not allowed to go to the Valley View car, and vice versa.
- Only Classic Coach is ADA accessible. Please call us at (515) 432-4249 to confirm availability.
- Prepaid reservations are required
- Arrive one hour prior to departure time
- We do reserve the right to substitute motive power and/or equipment without prior notice.
Fraser Train Schedule and Prices
- Operates 5/28/21 thru 10/31/22
- Thursday through Sunday ONLY
- Thursday, Friday, and Sunday at 1:30 PM
- Saturday at 1:30 PM and 4:00 PM
- Classic Coach: Adult $24/Child $9
- Climate Controlled: Adult $32/Child $16
- Valley View Open Air Car: Adult $35/Child $18
- Caboose: Adult $32/Child $16
- Children under age 3 free in arms
- Answers to common questions may be found in the Fraser Train section of our FAQ Page